Jeroen

Bug? Laggy edit boxes when hovering

Hello,

I'm having a problem with EditBoxes in the UI. (It might be more controls which have editable text.)

When I'm moving my mouse over the edit box, the cursor keeps on changing from a cursor to a pointer. Which makes the mouse respond slowly because it has to change so often.
I've tested it on more pc's to test if it wasn't my own. And even on those it gives this weird behaviour.

I've attached a gif which kinda shows this behaviour.

https://i.gyazo.com/5b21b980260520b6617ba92bdd8fb3f5
Catalin

Re: Bug? Laggy edit boxes when hovering

Hello Jeroen,

I have tried to test this, but I was unable to reproduce this behavior. Could you please give me some more details about this, such as:

- which Advanced Installer version are you using? Are you using the latest 15.9 version of Advanced Installer? If not, could you please try it and let me know if the problem still persists?

- unfortunately, I can not tell from the sent .gif file if you are using a custom dialog (created by you) or if you are using one of our predefined dialogs. Could you please tell me which is the case here?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Jeroen

Hi there,

I'm using the latest 15.9.

It's happening on both my custom dialogs and the predefined ones.

After some additional testing it appears that the "Use Enhanced User Interface" causes the issue when enabled.

Creating a new project does not cause the problems I have seen before, but as soon as I enable the enhanced user interface the problems arise.

Thanks in advance!
Catalin

Hello Jeroen,

Thank you for your followup on this and for the additional information. I was indeed able to replicate this issue after enabling the "Enhanced User Interface" option.

I have forward this to the development team and we will further investigate this and try to improve this behavior. Unfortunately, as for this moment, I can not give you any estimation on when this will be done.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Daniel

Hello,

This was fixed in version 16.3 of Advanced Installer released on September 4th, 2019.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”