hsc

Installer displays its window below other windows

When I test my installer, I launch it by a double-click on its exe file in Windows File Explorer. What happens then is that the installation process starts, but the installer's "Welcome" dialog is displayed below the File Explorer window. If it weren't for the flashing task bar symbol, I would wait forever for something to happen on the screen. I would expect the "Welcome" dialog (and all subsequent dialogs) to be displayed on top of anything currently visible on the desktop.

This occurs on a Windows 7 machine as well as on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The installer was created using AI 15.7.

Looking forward to your suggestions
Hans
Catalin

Re: Installer displays its window below other windows

Hello Hans,

I have tested this but I was not able to reproduce the described behavior. In order for me to further investigate this, could you please send me a copy of your .AIP file and a download link for the setup built with the .AIP file (which reproduces the behavior) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Antor

Got same problem with 16.5

Stub enterprise project that builds to MSI format - works ok, when I changed Package type to "Single EXE setup" - Dialogs are hiding below explorer window.

I sent test project to support...

Best regards
Anton Ornatskyi
Eusebiu

Hi Anton,

Thank you for the test project you sent. We were able to reproduce the problem and we already started investigating it. We will try to fix it as soon as possible and will update this thread when the Advanced Installer version containing the fix will be available.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
pwalters58

Hi, I am having a similar issue, but it is with the prerequisite installer window going below the advanced installer window. Is there a way to force this window to the top?
Catalin

Hello,

I have tested this, but unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the described behavior. I simply added .NET Framework as a pre-install prerequisite and it was displayed in the foreground.

In order for me to further investigate this issue, could you please forward me a sample project which reproduces this issue, by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com? Or maybe just a test-case which I can follow in order to reproduce this issue in a newly created project.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”