Dava

Create virtual directory from file system view

Creating a large site full of subdirectories is quite slow.
Also the folder selector in wich you choose the new virtual direcrtory in the IIS view collapses everytime.

It would be good if I could transform a folder in a virtual directory from file system view.
Catalin

Re: Create virtual directory from file system view

Hello,
the folder selector in wich you choose the new virtual direcrtory in the IIS view collapses everytime
I am not quite sure what you mean by "collapses" here. Is it not working? Is it freezing? Could you please give me some more details (maybe some screenshots)?

I've run few tests now and everything seems to be working as expected.
It would be good if I could transform a folder in a virtual directory from file system view.
Do you mean you would like to transform a folder from the disk into a virtual directory? If so, then you can maybe create a new folder in your project and use the Synchronized Folders support. The Synchronized Folders functionality from Advanced Installer allows you to create a synchronization link between a folder located on you hard-drive and one created in your project. This means that every time a project is open, built or you press the [ Refresh ] button in the Files and Folders page, the content of that folder is synchronized to the content of the source folder on disk.

After doing so, you can transform the folder which is synchronized with the folder on the disk as a virtual directory.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Dava

the folder selector in wich you choose the new virtual direcrtory in the IIS view collapses everytime
My problem here is that everytime I have to add a virtual subdirectory I have to open all directories through the path I want.
The selector works well, but in my situation it's not efficient.

So I want to directely add a virtual directory installation from the file system view (in advanced installer) to speed up the process.
Do you mean you would like to transform a folder from the disk into a virtual directory?
All I want to do is inside Advanced Installer, I want to add a virtual directory installtion ( so in the IIS view ) through the file system view.
For example in the fikle system view pressing right click and "tranform in virtual directory", adding all the path to a site.
Catalin

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me now what you meant.

Indeed, you are right, the process of adding a Virtual Directory right now may be a bit tedious. I have added an improvement in what regards this and hopefully the improvement will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”