AlexanderAnishchik

Mixed 32/64 application

Hi, I need help with next behavior: I have 2 application that should be installed in one package. Both of them has 32 and 64 version. I have the next folder structure now:
  • ApplicationA x64
  • ApplicationA x32
  • DRM x64
  • DRM x32

In organization tab I have two features: ApplicationA(required) and DRM(optional) that contains many components. I've added prerequisites packages for both x64 and x32.
The question is How I can setup build to install application based on windows platform? The folder structure always will be the same but files inside is sync with real folder and can change very often. Thanks.
Catalin

Re: Mixed 32/64 application

Hello Alexander and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Please have a look on our "How do I install resources based on the Operating System version?" article which I think you may find useful.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AlexanderAnishchik

Thank you. But in the document I see that I can configure OS type 64 or 32 for each component. But advanced installer generate a lot of components automatically based on sync folders settings. I want to configure install of full folder and related shortcuts. For example next folder structure should be on 32bit: ApplicationA x32, DRM x32 with two shortcuts.
AlexanderAnishchik

Any suggestions?
Catalin

Hello Alexander,

A solution to this would be to organize the components of your folders into a feature and then condition the whole feature for installation based on the Operating System.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
AlexanderAnishchik

Can you provide instruction how to add condition and hide inappropriate features based on operation system? Thank you
Catalin

Hello Alexander,

In order to condition the installation of a feature, you can proceed as it follows:

- open your project

- go to "Organization" page

- select your feature

- under "Installation Behavior" section, you can have your feature behavior as it follows:

Not installed by default --> Installed if - your condition

For instance, if you want to install a feature only on a machine that is of 64-bit type, it can look like this:
Bitness.png
Bitness.png (46.5 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
If you want to install a feature only on a machine that is of 32-bit type, you can condition it as it follows:

Code: Select all

NOT VersionNT64
In what regards "hiding a feature", I am not quite sure what you mean by that. If you want to hide it from a dialog, for example, you can to go "Feature Tree" field, expand the drop-box and select "Not Displayed".

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
AlexanderAnishchik

Thank you, that works!
Catalin

You are always welcome, Alexander.

Glad it worked.

Best regards,
Catalin
AlexanderAnishchik

Is it possible to have the same name for two features? Now I have Application A x64 and Application A x32 features. But users should see only Application A feature name.
Catalin

Hello Alexander,

Yes, it is possible to have the same name for two features, as long as the "Identifier" is different.
But users should see only Application A feature name.
However, please keep in mind that if you will have the same name for both features, in the dialog that lists the features, the user will see it basically twice (as the name is the same).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”