zeiddev

the target ResolveAssemblyReferences does not exist in the project

Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:18 pm

When building in Visual Studio 19, I am getting the error:

The target ResolveAssemblyReferences does not exist in the project.

My AI project is really quite old and has gone through many upgrades. (I am not sure if this is relevant or not) but I have had similar issues in the past e.g. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34829.

When I build my project in VS19 and then go into the AI project independently, it builds fine but it would be nice to be able to build it from within VS19.

I am using version 17.1.2 of Advanced Installer.

Have you come across this error before?

Thanks

Catalin

Re: the target ResolveAssemblyReferences does not exist in the project

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure why this happens.

Can you please send us your VS solution (SLN file) and all of the project files it includes (only the project definition files without the source code files) so we can test and investigate this on our end?

Additionally, by this:
When building in Visual Studio 19, I am getting the error:

The target ResolveAssemblyReferences does not exist in the project.
do you mean that the error is thrown when you are building your entire solution from Visual Studio?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

zeiddev

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi Catalin

Thanks for responding. I have sent through an email with my files to your support email address.

Thanks

David

Catalin

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Hello David,

First of all, we apologize for such a delayed reply. Unfortunately, some issues take longer to investigate.

My colleague Daniel has answered you over the e-mail.
We tested your solution configuration and settings on our side, but everything went fine. We weren't able to replicate the build error within Visual Studio.

Can you please remove within Visual Studio the Advanced Installer extension and then uninstall (from Control Panel) the Advanced Installer desktop app itself too? Then please open the following path in Windows Explorer:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Caphyon\Advanced Installer
and make sure either this path does not exist or there is no "AdvInstExtTasks.Targets" file left in this path location.

Finally please install again the Advanced Installer desktop app, then the Advanced Installer extension for VS and test again the build scenario. If the error still persists, then could you please send us the "AdvInstExtTasks.Targets" file from your computer (residing in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Caphyon\Advanced Installer" path)?

Also, please run Visual Studio with log option

Code: Select all

devenv.exe /log

and send us the created xml log file so we can check this too.
Hope that will help!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”