bottonTurn

EXE installation Roaming folder.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:12 am

Hi AI!

We notice when application is installed multiples time or upgrade in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\App_dir Advanced installer not remove all information.
it is save delete this information, looks like advanced installer used this folder to extract the msi and other file during installation.

Regards,

Catalin

Re: EXE installation Roaming folder.

Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:55 am

Hello,

This might be happening if your files were created outside of the installation process (i.e. not added by your setup).

Another cause for this could be if the files marked for removal are in use by another process. During the upgrade, do you encounter any "file in use" messages?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

bottonTurn

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:59 am

Thanks Catalin, I will try what will be the behavior in that scenario.

But you did't answer if it save delete those files manually?
Catalin wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:55 am
Hello,

This might be happening if your files were created outside of the installation process (i.e. not added by your setup).

Another cause for this could be if the files marked for removal are in use by another process. During the upgrade, do you encounter any "file in use" messages?

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:04 am

Hello,
looks like advanced installer used this folder to extract the msi and other file during installation.
It somehow looks like I overlooked this part of your thread, please accept my apologies for this.

I thought of a complete different scenario here. If we are talking about the MSI and CAB files extract location, please make sure that you do not have the "Do not delete extracted MSI and CAB files" option checked in the "Builds" page.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin

bottonTurn

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks for the recommendation,
Also I want to know if is save manually delete information created by advanced install in that folder.
Are that files play when application upgrade or uninstall?

Thanks,

Catalin

Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello,

You are always welcome!

In what regards your question, I am not quite sure I understand it. Could you please give me some more details (maybe exemplify) so I can further assist?

Best regards,
Catalin

bottonTurn

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:16 pm

Sure,

I have a lot of folder at Roaming/productName/version_product created by AI when install or upgrade the product
can i manually delete or that action could cause an issue in future upgrades of the product?

Thanks,
Diego

Catalin

Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:36 pm

Hello Diego,

If those files do not interfere with your application (e.g. a file that may cause your application to function incorrectly), I believe you could delete them.

I do not see how this would affect future upgrades.

However, could you please let me know why would you need to manually delete those files, as they are automatically deleted during an upgrade?

Best regards,
Catalin

bottonTurn

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:45 am

Hi, looks like only empty folders exists bellow that path, not sure why Advanced installer not remove all the context...

Thanks,
Diego

Catalin

Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Hello Diego,

Are those folders created by your setup (e.g. did you create them in the "Files and Folders" page)?

Please note that if the folders were not created by your setup, it will not delete them.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”