brandon_edco

Advanced Installer Floating License Server Stopping Arbitrarily

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:07 pm

I found this thread that had exactly my issue, so I will reference it here: viewtopic.php?t=35470

Like the above listed thread, our current Advanced Installer Floating License Server - which we use for our automated build process in GitLab - is randomly stopping with the same Event Viewer information as listed in the referenced thread.
The Advanced Installer 13.1 License Service service entered the stopped state.
... and a second message:
Http server failed with error code: 1229.
Previously we had been running this license and AI Licenser Server software on a Windows 2012 R2 server, but for obvious reasons, we need to migrate that over to a more modern Windows 2019 Server box. Things were running smoothly at first, but now we encounter an issue where every couple hours the service just stops. It does not appear to have an exception or throw any errors, because the "restart service" action does not trigger. Instead, it appears to just stop itself.

The previous thread indicated some level of support was required to resolve this issue, and I would like to figure out what was done to prevent. As it stands now, this intermittent failure is causing us a lot of trouble because across our development team with devops deployment chain.

Please let me know what I can do to help or any additional information I can provide. Thanks!

Daniel

Re: Advanced Installer Floating License Server Stopping Arbitrarily

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 am

Hi,

Can you please write us by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com in regards to this issue?

We will send back to you a special license file which can be used on your Azure DevOps build server.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

brandon_edco

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Thanks Daniel!

I've sent the email as requested and hope to get this resolved shortly. :)

Daniel

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:45 am

Hi Brandon,

I've replied to you by email a license file which, hopefully, will help you get this resolved.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”