dotdot

Signing App and submitting it to MS

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:19 am

Hello and thank you for reading my post, I seem to be having problems with converting my WFP app to MSIX installer and uploading it to MS,

1. I can convert to MSIX package with no problems as well as it being signed.
2. MS wont accept it as these are the errors it return.

You must upload at least one package. If you are using market groups, then each market group must have at least one package.

You must provide a package that supports each selected device family (or uncheck the box for unsupported device families). Note that targeting the Xbox device family requires a neutral or x64 package.

You must fix all package validation errors before submitting.

AnimateMyBackground-x86.msixupload198.2 MB
Invalid package identity name: RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground (expected: 50437RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground)

Invalid package family name: RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground_tm0k6y63341c8 (expected: 50437RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground_fe5yydhcf89bw)

Invalid package publisher name: CN="Run-Dot-Run (Pettitt, Scott Wesley)", O="Run-Dot-Run (Pettitt, Scott Wesley)", L=Oakey, S=Queensland, C=AU, OID.2.5.4.15=Business Entity, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=AU, SERIALNUMBER=35 501 625 465 (expected: CN=2BBC26E0-32A2-489E-81E6-BDAD69D643B4)

Is their something I am doing wrong ?

I am using advanced Installer 18.3 to sign the app and create the package. Sorry I am new to signing, should I be using visual studios to sign my app the use advanced installer to sign again ?

any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Scott.

P.S.
Here is some pics of the Package Information, Product details, and digital Signature pages.

Attachments
signing.png
signing.png (41.17KiB)Viewed 9677 times
packageInformation.png
packageInformation.png (14.14KiB)Viewed 9677 times
productDetails.png
productDetails.png (27.13KiB)Viewed 9677 times

Catalin

Re: Signing App and submitting it to MS

Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Hello Scott,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

Now, regarding the encountered errors, unfortunately they are not the clearest.

However, I might be able to help a bit here.
You must provide a package that supports each selected device family (or uncheck the box for unsupported device families). Note that targeting the Xbox device family requires a neutral or x64 package.
In your Microsoft Store account, you should be able to select what device families you want to target. Here, please make sure XBox is not selected.
AnimateMyBackground-x86.msixupload198.2 MB
Invalid package identity name: RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground (expected: 50437RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground)
Here, could you please go to "Package Information" view and replace the current name with the expected one (as it states in the error)?
Invalid package family name: RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground_tm0k6y63341c8 (expected: 50437RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground_fe5yydhcf89bw)
I believe this should be solved when changing the above.
Invalid package publisher name: CN="Run-Dot-Run (Pettitt, Scott Wesley)", O="Run-Dot-Run (Pettitt, Scott Wesley)", L=Oakey, S=Queensland, C=AU, OID.2.5.4.15=Business Entity, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=AU, SERIALNUMBER=35 501 625 465 (expected: CN=2BBC26E0-32A2-489E-81E6-BDAD69D643B4)
Here, could you pelase try to upload an unsigned MSIX? If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft Store automatically signs the MSIX when it is uploaded.

Additonally, please note that for the MSIX package, the only relevant views are the MSIX dedicated views (Universal Windows section).

The information from "Package Information" tab are extracted automatically from other tabs (such as "Product Details") when an MSIX build is added.

Further modifications regarding MSIX must be done afterwards in the "Package Information" tab.

Hope this will help!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

dotdot

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:28 am

Hello Catalin,

Thank you for the reply, I to am sorry for replying late!

I have done as you have suggested and It seem to of fixed some errors, but I have found I have a few more errors due to getting my c# app into MSIX bundle as I have discovered using Windows App Cert Kit.

For some reason when I create a MISX file All the "Assets" that AI generates are incorrect size which causing WACK to fail. If I use Visual Studios to create the MSIX file the App passes, but after Install the App fails with no warning and just closes after about 3 seconds but, if its created in AI the app will run after install but as I said before it fails WACK and also makes the program DPI un-aware and produces this message...

◦File AI_STUBS\AiStub.exe neither has PerMonitorV2 manifested in the manifest nor calls into DPI Awareness APIs for ex: user32!SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext or user32!SetThreadDpiAwarenessContext.
◦The app RUN-DOT-RUN.AnimateMyBackground_1.0.0.0_x64__tm0k6y63341c8 is not DPI Aware.

I do not know how to fix this.

Any help is appreciated and thank you again.

Catalin

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Hello Scott,

You are always welcome!

Regarding the new issue, could you please have a look over the following StackOverflow thread:

Microsoft store certification fails due to DPI awareness

and let me know if the solution presented there works?

Best regards,
Catalin

dotdot

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:35 am

Hello Catalin, I am so sorry for the late reply so many things going on, I have tried the link suggested and i have managed to get everything working.

Thank you so much for your help!

Scott.

Catalin

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:27 pm

You are always welcome, Scott!

I am really glad everything works as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”