I am having an issue with the updater that it is not picking up that an update is needed.
This is my first time doing this so I probably have screwed something up.
What I have done so far,
Creating the MSI /.exe file
1. Created new project in professional installer with .NET Application and selected create MSI file
2. Entered necessary details in Product details
3. Selected folder where the application is
4. Set install parameters
5. Set registry for product version registration
6. Saved and build
Installed fine and runs
Creating the Updater project,
1. Selected Updates and create project and select the output udater file as a .txt file
2. Updates in accordion navigation pane: Properties tab: set URL etc
3. Update installer tab: set file path and Product version ( same as above)
4. Update and Install Detection tab: Set registry value as follows `HKUD\Software\My_Company\My_App\Version` and expected value set as old version number
5. Update targets tab: Added target for all platforms
6. Save and build and corresponding .txt file is created with necessary information in the .txt file.
Now when running the installed app it never picks up the the update and I am wondering if it is due to my file naming???
I using a Network Sever with file address something like this `\\XXX.XXX.X.XXX.My_Update_Folder.My_App.exe`. However when entering a folder like this you are prompted to enter the correct suffix to the file path, so I used this, `file://\\XXX.XXX.X.XXX.My_Update_Folder.My_App.exe`.
Is the file path structure incorrect? Also, is the output file name case sensitive?