peterk

Add temporary folders via the command line

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:49 pm

Looking at: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... mands.html

There doesn't seem to be options to add temporary folders, only files. I cannot use the GUI to do this but have to use the command line. Ultimately, I am in need of adding a nested tree of folders containing files that will be loaded onto the system via a custom inline powershell script. Is there an option to do this that I am missing? If there isn't an option, does anyone have a workaround/script to manage a scenario such as this?

Version 19.6 (BF52C98E)

Catalin

Re: Add temporary folders via the command line

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:38 am

Hello Peter,

I'm afraid it is indeed not possible to add an entire folder as a temporary folder through the command line as of right now.

However, I have already added this improvement quite some time ago on our TODO list and hopefully this will be implemented in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

peterk

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:53 am

What would be the suggestion then for achieving this goal then? Having a set of files within nested folders that I need to execute a custom action powershell script against? I am looking for solutions to work around the lack of functionality and its not clear to me what the best approach would be.
TIA

Catalin

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:36 am

Hello Peter,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

The solution to this would be to first add the folder under the "Temporary" folder and then add the files as temporary files.

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:32 pm

Hello Peter,

This improvement has been added in Advanced Installer 19.9, released on September 14th, 2022.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”