rrajasankar

suppress the " “Deleting extracted files”

Hi,

How to suppress the " “Deleting extracted files”, after the installation was complete?

Also, how to configuring the progress bar text as per our project details?

Thanks,
Raja
mihai.petcu

Re: suppress the " “Deleting extracted files”

Hello Raja,
How to suppress the " “Deleting extracted files”, after the installation was complete?
This message is shown by the bootstrapper and unfortunately it cannot be suppressed.
Also, how to configuring the progress bar text as per our project details?
The ActionText static text on the ProgressDlg usually shows the description of the currently running action. On the Custom Actions page, select your custom action and press the "Action Text" button. Please keep in mind that Action Text can only be used with a custom action that runs with Deferred execution option.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
rrajasankar

Thanks for your reply. We done the modifications as per your reply..
vlicaros

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I can't seem to find the exact string for "Deleting extracted files" in the dictionaries. The translation for CHT seems to be incorrect and would ilke to change this.
Liviu

Hello and welcome to our forums,

You can change the text from the Table Editor page --> ActionText table:
actiontext.png
actiontext.png (21.12 KiB) Viewed 6700 times

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

Thanks for getting back to me about this, I want to change this not just for English but also other localization languages like zh_tw or zh.
This specific dialog is coming up with garbled text after a removal. I have attached the screenshot of the garbled text, which seems to be a bootstrapper UI text that's not similar to the AI_DeleteLzma since they both are almost identical text strings but not quite. AI_DeleteLzma is "Deleting files extracted from archive" and the one in the screenshot is "Deleting extracted files..."
Attachments
gabled text.png
gabled text.png (878.68 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
Liviu

Hello,

This dialog is displayed by our EXE support of removing the extracted MSI and CAB file after installation. Our EXE bootstrapper embeds an MSI and a CAB installation files. These embedded installation files are extracted at install time in the location defined in "Builds page -> Configuration tab" -> "Extract location" field. After the installation finishes these files ar being deleted by an asynchronous process launched by our EXE bootstrapper. During the files removal operation a quick message box is displayed ("Deleting extracted files").

I'm afraid this message cannot be customized.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hi Liviu

Since the text cannot be customized, can it be fixed by AdvancedInstaller with the garbled string in ZH? it starts with a "?" rather than the actual Chinese character

Thanks
Liviu

Hello,

I have forwarded this to our development team and hopefully this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”