Marius

Error code 2350 during installation

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi there.

I'm working for a game developer using Advanced Installer for their latest game, and I'm assigned to creating the install files. I've never done anything like this before and have a few problems (as well as struggling to find out how to properly use this program too). The most pressing issue currently is an error during installation of the application in the latest install file build. I've not encountered the error in any previous builds, and no results turned up when searching for "error code 2350" or "disc1.cab".

While installing the file I get a message saying disc1.cab is corrupt. If I retry the same error keeps preventing me from finishing the install, when I try to ignore the installation is canceled, which prompts this error message: Unexpected error while installing, error code 2350.

Anyone know what causes this?

Cosmin

Re: Error code 2350 during installation

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi,

The 2350 error means "FDI server error". Basically, this error means that Windows Installer has been corrupted on the machine which shows this behavior. Please reinstall Windows Installer on the machine with this problem. If the behavior is the same, please try the installation package on other machines.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Marius

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:00 pm

This error has occurred on 3 different computers using the install package created with Advanced Installer. 2 of them trying to install from 2 different CDs, and a third on the computer the installer was made, with the original install package. To me at least it seems more likely there's something wrong with the install package itself rather than the Windows Installers on 3 different computers, though I'm not an expert on these things.

I'll try to do another install file tomorrow and see if this problem persists. I really have no idea how to solve this problem any other way.

Cosmin

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:10 am

Hi,
To me at least it seems more likely there's something wrong with the install package itself rather than the Windows Installers
This is a possibility. Can you please send us the installation package with the problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? Also please send the AIP you used to build the package.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Marius

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:15 am

I'm afraid I can't do that at this time as the game is under a Non-disclosure agreement, but I might be able to do so once the game is published. I can't promise this though. I will get back to you if I'm able to do so, probably during the summer or early autumn.

As a side note I loaded the save file used on the corrupt build, refreshed the files and saved it to a different location, then did a new build. This build did not have the same problem.

Return to “Common Problems”