yogesh12

Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0

Hello All:
While installing the application we got the error "Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0" in the log file. The installation went on for a while and suddenly stopped/crashed. Can anyone let us know what is the problem and the resolution for it
Thank you for your time.
Attached: "Install.log"
Install.log
Installation log
(236.58 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
and the ".aip" file
SP12.zip
The .aip file
(20.79 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Dan

Re: Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0

Hello,

I'm afraid that in order to be able to open the sent .aip (project file) I need its repository dependencies too (i.e. HostNmAdminUserNmPWD.aip file from your Dialog Repository location).

So, can you please send me your project repository dependencies so I can open and investigate it?

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
yogesh12

Hello Dan:

Requested repository files attached
HostNmAdminUserNmPWD.zip
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
HostNmAdminUserNmPWD_1.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Note: We are using HostNmAdminUserNmPWD_1 repository

Thanks,
Yogesh
ifoko

hi,

could you resolve the problem, I have now the same.

please info
Daniel

Hello,

Can you please check if you have enabled the "Install Parameters page -> Minimize Installation Time -> Fast installation" option in your project. If so, can you please uncheck it and try again the built setup?

If this doesn't help you, please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
sjeslis

We ran into this issue at a customer site today using AIP 11.3 and the target machine was Windows Server 2012.

We extracted the MSI and tried to run that directly and then it appeared like we were failing when trying to post a Message Box out of one of our launch custom actions.

For what it's worth we are not using the "Fast Installation" check mentioned by Dan.

We got this to work better after we installed .NET 3.5 through Server Manager.

Does the Enhanced UI or "Message Box" custom action in Advanced Installer require .NET 3.x, 2.x, etc.? Because our apps are now .NET 4.5 compatible and we'd like to not have .NET 3.5 as a prerequisite anymore.
Scott Jeslis
Senior Software Engineer
Cicero, Inc.
Daniel

Hello,

The only requirements for our "Enhanced User Interface" feature are Windows XP Service Pack 3 operating systems and Windows Installer 3.0 or higher.

In order to analyze and investigate the issue you are encountering can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the failing installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them? Also, can you test the installation on multiple Windows Server 2012 machines and see if the behavior is consistent?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”