mathiaso

Issue after upgrading to 13.5

I am building an installer and have several working versions of the setup, but since I upgraded to 13.5 the new builds will not work.
When launching setup nothing happens and looking at the verbose log I cannot see why it stops.

Attaching log and setup.aip. Can you see what goes wrong here?
Attachments
setup.aip
(148.3 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
MSI739A.LOG
(24.24 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Eusebiu

Re: Issue after upgrading to 13.5

Hi,

I'm not sure why you encounter this problem. Can you reproduce it on multiple clean machines? If so, can you please send us, to support at advancedinstaller dot com, a link to download your package in order to test it and investigate the problem?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Eusebiu

Hi,

I tested the package that you sent and I was able to reproduce the problem. It seems that it appears because the download link of the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 x86" prerequisite is not correct anymore, thus the installation hangs during the download.

Can you remove that prerequisite from your project, then add it again from the "Predefined Prerequisites" list and see if it works?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
mathiaso

Great, that worked. Strange that it did not give me any messages about this in the verbose log.

Thanks for your help!
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

The "pre-install" prerequisites are installed by the bootstrapper, so in order to get a log from it you can use the "/exelog" command.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”