mathiaso

Windows 8, Windows 10 issues "This package can only be run from a bootstrapper"

I have an issue with my new installation package. It cannot be uninstalled in Windows 8 or Windows 10.
It is a exe file with all files in the exe and the only information I get in the log on uninstall is "This package can only be run from a bootstrapper".

My previous packages worked, but since then I have also updated AI to the latest version.
Dan

Re: Windows 8, Windows 10 issues "This package can only be run from a bootstrapper"

Hi,

This error may occur if you are using a multilingual package with a display language selection dialog (for multi-language packages) in the Languages Tab. This is a known issue that occurs when your different language installations have different Product Codes.

In order to overcome this, you should use the same Product Code for all of your installation languages. Just, go to "Product Details page -> Product IDs tab and set the same Product Code GUID for all of your installation languages.

If this is not the case, please send us the .AIP (project) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate this.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mathiaso

Re: Windows 8, Windows 10 issues "This package can only be run from a bootstrapper"

That worked, thanks for a quick reply!
Daniel

You are always welcome. Just let us know anytime you have a question.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”