krishna.c

Software folder not visible in program files

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:03 am

Hi,

Earlier when I created an installer, I was able to see a folder and check for updates options from all programs. But now it is not visible after update to (14.4.2). I am not able to see files in spite of changing the install parameters to program files. How can I check for an update of my plugin manually when the files not visible in program files list?

Thanks,
Krishna

Dan

Re: Software folder not visible in program files

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello Krishna,
"But now it is not visible after update to (14.4.2). I am not able to see files in spite of changing the install parameters to program files"
Could you please check both Program File folders (Program Files/Program Filesx86). On a 64-bit OS any 32 bit application is automatically redirected to Program Files x86. Also please note that when you upgrade your application the update itself will use the installation path defined in the starting version installation.
"How can I check for an update of my plugin manually"
You might want to consider integrating the updater functionality in your application.
Please have a look at the following article for more information How to integrate the Advanced Updater with my application

If you are still encountering issues, please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

krishna.c

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 am

Hi Dan,

I found out the problem. It was casued due to my antivirus Bitdefender. Earlier I had stated the problem but then there was not problem from your side. Now I have disabled my antivirus and it is working fine.

Thanks,
Krishna

Daniel

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:11 am

Thank you for your follow up on this Krishna. I'm glad you got everything working now.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”