ncoish

Unable to silently install prerequisites when silently installing package

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to build a package which has another of my installers as a prerequisite. If I install at full UI level, I expect both the main package and the prerequisite package to install using the full UI, which is exactly what happens. However, when I run the installer silently (by passing the /qn flag on the command line), I expect both the main package and the prerequisite installer to install silently. Instead, the main installer runs silently, but the prerequisite still pops up the full UI.

I have set the Install Command Lines from Prerequisites -> <prereq_package> -> Setup Files for `Silent (no UI)` to /qn, but the UI still pops up. The only way that I can suppress the prerequisite UI is to set the `Full UI` command line to /qn, but if I do this, the prerequisite always runs silently, even if the main package is run at Full UI. I have ensured that my package is Enterprise, as apparently non-enterprise packages ignore Basic and Silent command lines.

Any help would be appreciated, I have tried to do this in the past on previous versions of Advanced Installer and have run in to the same problem.

Daniel

Re: Unable to silently install prerequisites when silently installing package

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello,

I tested your installation scenario but couldn't replicate the behavior. Can you please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Daniel

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your help in this matter. I was able to replicate and isolate the behavior. This seems to be an Advanced Installer issue indeed. It seems that when not explicitly using the /exenoui EXE UI level switch the pre-install prerequisites are launched using the command line from "Full UI" field. Even there is a silent EXE installation.

A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will notify you when the fix will be out.

Until then, as a workaround, you can use a silent command line like this:

Code: Select all

setup.exe /exenoui /q
All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Dan

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Hello,

This was fixed in version 15.0 of Advanced Installer released on June 28th, 2018.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”