agwin

LicenseAgreementDlg not available? Professional License

I am using a trial of Advanced Installer to build out our installer package before subscribing. I need to include a EULA screen in the installation process, and following these instructions (https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... -eula.html). Problem is, I don't see the LicenseAgreementDlg Built-In dialog as an option. Do I need to upgrade to Enterprise? Is this something thats not visible until i have a non-trial license?

Also, can I point the EULA to a URL rather than using a local file?

Thanks in advance.
licenseagreementdlgmissing.png
licenseagreementdlgmissing.png (62.45 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
Catalin

Re: LicenseAgreementDlg not available? Professional License

Hello,

No, the dialog should be available on all suites.

Here's how to proceed in order to add the dialog:

- go to "Dialogs" page

- click on "WelcomeDlg" dialog

- click on the "Add dialog" from the toolbar
Screenshot_150.png
Screenshot_150.png (120.74 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

Please make sure that your project is Professional and not perhaps Simple.

To do so:
Screenshot_151.png
Screenshot_151.png (68.32 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
agwin

I followed your directions but I'm still not seeing the LicenseAgreementDlg in my options??? I also confirmed that I am using a professional license. See the two attached screenshots.

I started this project as a simple project, then it was automatically changed to Architect at one point. I manually moved it back to Professional because we didn't need any Enterprise/Architect functionality. Could moving the project between versions cause this? Here is the DOCUMENT line from my AIP file.

Code: Select all

<DOCUMENT Type="Advanced Installer" CreateVersion="21.6.1" version="21.6.1" Modules="professional" RootPath="." Language="en" Id="{2C1F7A2C-21A7-4468-8165-EAA3CEC1DFD5}">

Thanks in advance!
Screenshot 2024-05-13 105450.png
Screenshot 2024-05-13 105450.png (109.95 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
Screenshot 2024-05-13 105708.png
Screenshot 2024-05-13 105708.png (84.39 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
agwin

@Catalin I just created a brand new empty Professional project and I see the LicenseAgreementDlg option like you mentioned. I'm betting there's something wrong with my aip file.

I took that new empty Professional project, upgraded it to Architect, then manually edited the aip file to move it back to Professional to try to reproduce the issue. I wasn't able to reproduce it though, the LicenseAgreementDlg is still there.

The only other difference I see is the number of "First Time Install" dialogs I have in my real project vs my empty one (and the one you posted screenshots for). I only have Welcome, Progress and Exit in my MSI package Dialog, whereas Folder and VerifyReady are in the projects where LicenseAgreementDlg is there.

I'm going to keep digging, I'll let you know if I find a way to reproduce this.
agwin

I FOUND IT!

Looks like the LicenseAgreementDlg is not available when the selected project theme is 'App Installer'. Is this intended? Is there a way to still use the App Installer theme with the dialog I'm looking for?
Screenshot 2024-05-13 113844.png
Screenshot 2024-05-13 113844.png (28.66 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this!

Glad you managed to find the culprit here.

It is indeed true that the LicenseAgreementDlg dialog is not available for the AppInstaller theme - the reason for this is that AppInstaller theme was created so that the installation process is as simple as possible (less dialogs as possible).

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”