This tutorial will guide to create a custom build for an Advanced Installer setup project within Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Open Azure DevOps, go to "Pipelines > Builds" and press “+ New” button and select "New Build Pipeline" to create a task.
- Select your repository (eg. Azure Repos Git)
- choose a template for your task or click on “Empty job” hyperlink to start from scratch
- In the Azure DevOps Marketplace search for the Advanced Installer extensions and install them.
If you need to build a stand-alone .AIP project you should use the Advanced Installer Build Extension. This will ensure that a specified version of Advanced Installer is installed on the build environment and an Advanced Installer build is triggered when the task is executed.
From "Tasks" tab add the Advanced Installer Build by clicking on the + sign next to the “Agent Job”
- In the “Project” field pick your .AIP project
- Specify what build contained by your Advanced Installer project you want this task to refer. For example “DefaultBuild”
- Choose the location where the resuleted package should be placed by picking the Output Package Folder under “Advanced Build Settings” category
- In the Advanced Installer Tool category enter the version of Advanced Installer you want the task to install and run on the build environment and your Advanced Installer license key.
From "Tasks" tab add the Publish Build Artifact task by clicking on the + sign next to the “Agent Job”
This task will provide access to the package created by the build task. Just copy the path from “Path to publish” in the “Output Package Folder” field of the Advanced Installer Build task.