tallboy

New Surface Theme Color Contrast

I kind of like the looks of the Surface themes, but for the black theme, the Eula is almost unreadable because of black text on a gray background. Then with the White theme, some of the labels have the same problem. Light text on a white background. Can these be modified? I looked through the theme files in the program files folder, but I didn't see where this could be changed.

Anybody? Thanks, Rick.
Assassin

Re: New Surface Theme Color Contrast

The trick with the license agreement is to not save it in black. For example open it in Microsoft word 2010 change the background to black and the text colour to white.
When the program loads the EULA the license will be in white like the two pictures below.

So as you can see I have typed the code out in white and saved it as an .RTF file

When the program loads it will look like this problem solved!

Man I should be part of the Advanced Installer support team as ive beat them too it :!:
tallboy

Interesting solution Assassin. I tried it and it works. However it looks like something I was trying yesterday is working now too. I was able to change the colors right in the theme definition ini down inside program files. Not sure why it didn't take until now. I restarted the app and it didn't appear to work yesterday. Oh well, now I have multiple solutions.

Thanks for your help. You should be in support.
mihai.petcu

Thank you for the help as well Assassin, you're welcome to jump in any time ;)
redseujac

tallboy wrote:...I was able to change the colors right in the theme definition ini down inside program files...
I have the same problem, so I'd like to change the ini-file (I suppose "surface.ini"?) also.

What settings did you modify exactly? What did you change to have the colors white on black in the License Agreement text?
Daniel

Hello,

In order to achieve this you can edit the "AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE" property values. You can take a look on our "How do I change this color?" thread which may be helpful for you.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Dan

Hello,

Starting with the version 14.2 of Advanced Installer released on July 26th, 2017 you can set the text style for a scrolable edit text control.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”