vclamnet

Installer does not install all files only shortcut

Hi,
I have noticed this behaviour before but I didn't keep track of it until yesterday when my user try to run the installer and they encountered the error "directory is already exist, do you want to choose a different directory?"
The installer was build using version 7.5.1
This error does not occured if the software is already exist. It only happen when user perform the install on a clean machine.
I went through and delete everything and run the installation again. This time only the application shortcut is created and when click on this shortcut the installer ran and automatically expand all the files required. This behaviour happen to me couple times in the past and I forgot what version?
Here is my project settings:
allow auto upgrade existing product, required local admin so only one instance of the software install for all user to use, auto update enable. End user running XP and windows 2003 server.
I have upgraded to 7.5.2 and I will try again with this new build to see if this problem go away.
Thanks,
Vinh,
Bogdan

Re: Installer does not install all files only shortcut

Hi,

Can you please send us the aip file and a verbose log created to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate this problem?

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
vclamnet

I will send you the aip file. Where do I find the verbose log file? will it still available now that I have a successful install?
Thanks,
Vinh,
GabrielBarbu

Hello,

The verbose log is found next to the installer. If you specified log.txt for the log's filename, you will nead to search for a file named log.txt right next to the installer.

Regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”