toddpatt

java stream redirection - append to logs

Bonjour,

I am using AI 7.6 build 27499

I have a java project for which I have enabled the out/err stream redirection. Each time the native java launcher runs, it overwrites the existing stream redirection log files. There may be valuable information in the logs that is needed for debugging or other purposes, which is then lost. Is it possible to configure my project so that the native launcher appends to the logs, rather than overwriting them? I read the documentation and looked at all the configs, but I couldn't find an option for that anywhere.

thanks,
-Todd
Bogdan

Re: java stream redirection - append to logs

Hi Todd,

I'm afraid this is currently not supported by Advanced Installer. However I've added this request
on our TODO list so a future version will include it.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
toddpatt

OK, I'll look for that improvement in future versions. Thank you.
p35t173nc3

Any news on this feature request? Or better yet, is there a way to cause the stream redirection to be a dynamically assigned file name that, say, includes the time in milliseconds when the exe was launched each time? I really dont like my logs being overwritten...
Daniel

Hello,
Any news on this feature request?
Unfortunately, this improvement is still on our TODO list. I've increased the priority for it and hopefully it will be available soon. However, I cannot give you an ETA for now. We'll notify you when it will be available.
Or better yet, is there a way to cause the stream redirection to be a dynamically assigned file name that, say, includes the time in milliseconds when the exe was launched each time?
Currently this is not possible. However, I've added your request on our TODO list and maybe an improvement will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Dan

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 11.1 of Advanced Installer released on April 28th, 2014.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”