pweyzen

Dialog Editor Questions...

Before I purchase the enterprise version, I need to know how to do this.

I need to add a disclaimer panel (in addition to license). This panel would show some formatted text as well as a checkbox asking "do you agree?". The "next" button would be disabled by default.

Upon checking the checkbox, the next button should enable.

Can I do this?

How would I do this?

Is it also possible for this dialog to appear only on a first install, and not on an upgrade install.

I am sorry to ask all these questions, but I find the documentation for this difficult to find. Is there additional documentation for the dialog editor?

Thanks
-peter
Mihai

Hi,
This panel would show some formatted text as well as a checkbox asking "do you agree?". The "next" button would be disabled by default.

Upon checking the checkbox, the next button should enable.

Can I do this?

How would I do this?
Yes, you can disable/enable the "Next" button when a checkbox is checked/unchecked by adding 2 conditions to the "Next" button.

After selecting the "Next" button, in the Control Condition page from the Control pane, use the "New..." button to add the conditions:
1) Condition=NOT CHECK_BOX_PROP; Action="Disable"
2) Condition=CHECK_BOX_PROP; Action="Enable"
where CHECK_BOX_PROP is the property associated with the CheckBox control.
Is it also possible for this dialog to appear only on a first install, and not on an upgrade install.
Yes, you must condition the "NewDialog" events for the "Next" button of the previous page and the "Back" button of the next page.
Also you must add another "NewDialog" event to the "Next" button of the previous page and to the "Back" button of the next page respectively. Those new events must have a complementary condition with the events that already were defined.

The condition you must use are: NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE / UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE

If you need more details let me know.

Kind regards,

Mihai
Mihai Udrea
Advenced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”