mbcizmar

Automatic Delete Of Installer File

On the machine I create the installer, the process runs successfully (except for the dialog issue in the other post). When I run on a computer that does not have advanced installer running, it deletes the files that it copies over.

My installer does this:
1) installs a win32 exe and zip file to the temp directory
2) runs the win32 exe and exits the msi

i
Mihai

Hi,

Could you please give me more details about your project and about what files are deleted?

I doubt that this has something to do with Advanced Installer being installed or not on the target machine.

Waiting for your answer,

Mihai
Mihai Udrea
Advenced Installer Team
mbcizmar

I'm installing two files, one exe and one zip to a temp directory. I have created a custom action to launch the exe. It launches. Then the two files are delete and the exe throws an exception.

I am trying to delete a previous version prior (as in my other post). It could possibly be removing it. But,

1) I have never installed to this new computer
2) It works on the machine that builds it

M
Mihai wrote:Hi,

Could you please give me more details about your project and about what files are deleted?

I doubt that this has something to do with Advanced Installer being installed or not on the target machine.

Waiting for your answer,

Mihai
Ionut

Hi,
I am trying to delete a previous version prior
How exactly do you accomplish this? Please give me details about all the Custom Actions that you use in your project, under which Standard Action are they scheduled, their properties etc.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”