slb

Problems Getting Trail & Registration to Work

I currently have a trial version of Advanced Installer installed. I created a trial profile under Licensing. I left all options at their default value. I selected "Generate Registration Keys" and saved the keys to a file. I built and run the newly created installer and I never see the registration screen. If I selected "Use Serial Validation" under Package Serial Validation, it works as expected. When I unselected that option, it goes from the welcome screen to the install screen.

Can you create and use the "Trial & Registration" option if you are using a trial version of Advanced Installer? If so, what I'm I missing?

Can you take advantage of the capability to expire usage of a product without enabling the trial capabilities? If you set trial days to zero, will that cause the install to not display the trial button?

Is there a way to disable the "Buy" button?
Bogdan

Re: Problems Getting Trail & Registration to Work

Hi and welcome to our forums,
I built and run the newly created installer and I never see the registration screen.
This is the normal behavior, the trial support needs to be loaded from your application. It is never presented during the install process, but only when you launch your application.
You need to integrate our licensing module with your application, as presented by us in our step by step articles, there you will
also find some samples to help you.
Can you create and use the "Trial & Registration" option if you are using a trial version of Advanced Installer?
Yes, all the options are available during the trial period.
Can you take advantage of the capability to expire usage of a product without enabling the trial capabilities?
I'm afraid this is not possible, if you don't integrate the licensing module into your application as presented in the above mentioned articles
you cannot use any of the features related to it.
If you set trial days to zero, will that cause the install to not display the trial button?
Is there a way to disable the "Buy" button?
For this you will need to edit the source files used by Advanced Installer, available in the sub-folder "fragments", in the main installation folder.
There is no option available in the IDE of Advanced Installer to perform this.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”