Lasteric

Freeware says XNA 4 is not installed

This is from one of my Beta testers.

"First and the most grave thing, I can't install it, I don't know if this has been happening since you updated the engine to use XNA 4 or just with the most recent update, on win vista when I try to install VRS it says it can only be installed on systems with XNA 4, I have XNA 4; I tried installing it on a machine running on windows 7 and in that one I can't even install XNA 4 because it says it's already part of the system, but VRS setup says XNA 4 is not installed."

I am using the current freeware version.
Bogdan

Re: Freeware says XNA 4 is not installed

Hi,

Are you using the current version of Advanced Installer, i.e. 8.4? If so, can you please send us the aip file to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can analyze it?
Also, did you perform tests on your machines for XNA 4 launch condition and prerequisite?

Sorry for the automatic removal of your link, its just a measure for protecting against spamming of our forums.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Lasteric

Yea it's 8.4. The user got it working. Here is the feedback I got from him.
I got the installer working on vista, I had several XNAs installed, 4.0, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.1(refresh), I thought newer installations/updates would replace the older ones but it seems they didn't, I uninstalled all of them and reinstalled only 4 and the installer worked; so I guess advanced installer was fetching the version info from one of the other installations instead of the latest one.

I haven't had a chance to test on win7, I will do it later today.
I have no problem with XNA 4 launch condition and prerequisite on my system. Then again I don't have 4 copys of XNA.
Bogdan

Most likely the side by side installs of XNA on the users machine were causing the problem.

I'm glad it was sorted out. Let us know if you have other questions.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”