oWretch

Override COMPANYNAME Propery

Hi there,

The company that I am working for has a requirement to force the setting of COMPANYNAME as a property in all their MSIs generated. When I try to add this property under Install Parameters I get the standard "This property name is reserved" error. If I try to add it as a row directly in the Property Table, I get the "A row with this key already exists."

There is no COMPANYNAME row in the Properties table, and this is confirmed by opening the MSI with InstEd after the fact.

Is there a way to set the COMPANYNAME (and DISABLEMEDIA) properties within Advanced Installer? Or do I have to resort to manually editing the MSI afterwards?

I am running a trial version of Advanced Installer 8.4 at present.
Bogdan

Re: Override COMPANYNAME Propery

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer

"COMPANYNAME" is reserved because it is used by one of our predefined dialogs, more exactly "UserRegistrationDlg", which is added automatically if you enable serial validation for the package.
However, you can set this property using the predefined custom action "Property Set with Formatted", this way it will be available during the installation. Just
go to Custom Actions page, select the standard action under you wish to add the predefined custom action, I recommend "Begin" under InstalUISequence, and set it.

For "DISABLEMEDIA" just add it to Property table from Table Editor page, it should work.

If you have other questions please let us know.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”