mlukas

English (United Kingdom) Translation

We have a multi-lingual installer (English, German, Italian and French). We would like to differentiate between English (United States) and English (United Kingdom). I have enabled both under Translations | Languages in the project. ui_en.ail and ui_en_GB.ail are both included as dictionaries and I have included translations in our custom dictionaires for just those strings that are different.

When I run the installer and choose English (United Kingdom) in the select language dialog, the AI UI strings seem to appear in English and our custom strings appear in English, but the license agreement does not appear. I have included an entry in our custom dictionary for the license file.

<ENTRY id="Control.Text.LicenseAgreementDlg#AgreementText">
<STRING lang="en" value="C:\Neoteric\Installers\Common\license.rtf"/>
<STRING lang="en_GB" value="license_en_GB.rtf"/>
<STRING lang="fr" value="license_fr.rtf"/>
<STRING lang="it" value="license_it.rtf"/>
<STRING lang="de" value="license_de.rtf"/>
</ENTRY>

1. Do I need to provide translations for every string? I was hoping to only translate the few that are different between English (United States) and English (United Kingdom).

2. What do I use for the language identifier in the dictionaires? I have tried both en_GB and en-GB.
Cosmin

Re: English (United Kingdom) Translation

Hi,
but the license agreement does not appear
I'm not sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using and the full dictionary file to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?
Do I need to provide translations for every string?
No. Only for the ones you want to change.
What do I use for the language identifier in the dictionaires?
It should be set by default to "en_GB". Our user guide contains the Localize EULA and ReadMe text which explains the general approach.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”