tommyh1122

Radio Button to run Prerequisites

Hello,

Is it possible to run a specific prerequisite based on a Dialog Radio Button?

I have added a new Dialog form to my project along with a Radio Button Group. I would like to have each radio button run a specific Prerequisite but not sure how to have the Radio Button kick off the Prerequisite event. Also if that prerequisite was already installed would it be possible to not have that button enabled?

Thank you
Michael
mihai.petcu

Re: Radio Button to run Prerequisites

Hi Michael,

Please keep in mind this functionality is predefined if you use global prerequisites. However, this implies building an .EXE and the prerequisites will be installed before the main installation.

If you want to create your own dialog, you can set the prerequisites as feature-based and follow this user guide article to achieve a similar custom behavior.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
tommyh1122

Thank you for your quick response.

If I understand the user guide correctly I would set the Return Value Property of the Prerequisite and use that Value in the FeatureAction.vbs file replacing "FeatureA" as the value from the Prerequisite (Session.FeatureRequestState("FeatureA") = msiInstallStateAbsent)?

I also see there is a PrerequisitesDlg, could this be modified to use Radio Buttons instead of checkbox's currently available?

Thank you
Michael
mihai.petcu

Hi Michael,
If I understand the user guide correctly I would set the Return Value Property of the Prerequisite and use that Value in the FeatureAction.vbs file replacing "FeatureA" as the value from the Prerequisite (Session.FeatureRequestState("FeatureA") = msiInstallStateAbsent)?
Actually "FeatureA" represents the identifier of the feature associated with a certain prerequisite. The identifier is defined in the Organization page, on the right pane when selecting the prerequisite's feature. It's used in the custom action from the article just to change the feature's install state. Here's its user guide reference.
I also see there is a PrerequisitesDlg, could this be modified to use Radio Buttons instead of checkbox's currently available?
As mentioned in its user guide reference, this dialog uses the Prerequisite Selector control. If you need radio buttons, you should follow the article I posted previously.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”