Pepa

Licensing

Today, I downloaded version 4.7.2 of Advanced installer.
Yes, I received the warning that my Maintenance period expired, but since I'm interested in bug fixes and not the updates, and since it allowed me to download anyway, I proceeded.

After install, I received message that it will revert my software to Trial mode!

I have few problems with this.

1) First and foremost, bug fixes should be available regardless of Maintenance plan expiration. I purchaced your software with expectation that it does not have any bugs, and if it does, then I should be entitled to free bug fix patches.
2) Even if that was not the case, I should not be allowed to download if not eligible.
3) And even if that was the case, I should not be allowed to install something that will revert me to Trial mode. After all, I paid for it!

I find this unacceptable.
Thank you for your explanation and assitance.
Cata

Hello,

First of all, you can always download and install a version covered by your maintenance plan here:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... php?t=1354

1) Maintenance releases containing bugfixes to a version are always free if your Maintenance Plan was valid for that version.

So if you had a MP for 4.7, then you'll get all 4.7.x bugfix releases. In your case, as you didn't have a valid MP for 4.7, you shouldn't need the 4.7.x fixes. You should use the last release for the version you had in your Maintenance Plan (for example 4.6.x).

2) and 3) We cannot do that because then people would be unable to try the features in new product versions.

This is why we have the warning: to let people know that the new version is outside their maintenance plan and they can give it a try before deciding to extend their MP or not.

I hope that clears things a bit. We will try to make all this more explicit on our website.

Best regards & thanks for using AI,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”