mmadden

Unexpected Directory Opens after install

An odd event is now occuring after an install completes. It started after I added a Custom vbs DoAction via Published Event on the Install Button on the VerifyReadyDlg Dialog (as referenced in http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... l+features,

Everything else in the AI project works as expected and everything installs correctly and my Custom action completes its job correctly as well.
The only oddity is after completion an Explorer window opens to "C:\WINDOWS\system32".

This is the code in my custom action. Is there anything in it that would cause this? Is there another setting in AI I need to check?

I removed the action and the oddity went away. I readded it and its back, so its definately related to the vbs somehow.

The lines from the AIP file referencing the code:

<ROW Name="SetConditions.vbs" SourcePath="MY Install\Install\SetConditions.vbs"/>
<ROW Name="viewer.exe" SourcePath="<viewer.exe>"/>

and
<ROW Action="SetConditions.vbs" Type="6" Source="SetConditions.vbs" WithoutSeq="true"/>
and
<ROW Dialog_="VerifyReadyDlg" Control_="Install" Event="DoAction" Argument="SetConditions.vbs" Condition="AI_INSTALL" Ordering="5"/>

Code Snippet-Filename SetConditions.vbs
selISSPID = Session.Property("ID_ISSP_SYSTEM_ID")
selWAP = Session.Property("ID_CONFIG_WAP_CB")
selWSP = Session.Property("ID_CONFIG_WSP_CB")

Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP01WAP") = 2
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP01WSP") = 2
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP02WAP") = 2
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP02WSP") = 2

if selWAP = "1" then
if selISSPID = "ISSP01" then
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP01WAP") = 3
elseif selISSPID = "ISSP02" then
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP02WAP") = 3
end if
end if

if selWSP = "1" then
if selISSPID = "ISSP01" then
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP01WSP") = 3
elseif selISSPID = "ISSP02" then
Session.FeatureRequestState("ISSP02WSP") = 3
end if
end if

I have a custom dialog with two Radio Buttons and three Checkboxes. The custom action sets my features appropriatly based on which options are chosen. Each Radio button option can have any, all or none of the Checkboxes checked. This code does in fact handle this correctly.

Each feature is simply controlling whether a batch file is to be executed and which batch file. None of the Batch files cause this oddity. When the custom action is present, the Explorer window displays immediately prior to the any batch files executing. Also when the custom action is deleted, all of the batch files execute (since all of the features are active), and it does not occur then.

Thanks
gigi

Hi,

A custom action is always executed event if it's an "Installed Custom Action" with the file under a specific feature. So if you want to execute a custom action only if a feature is selected for installation then you need to condition it like this: &MainFeature = 3.

Regards,
Gigi
Gheorghe Rada
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
jschneider

Re: Unexpected Directory Opens after install

Hello,

To me, it seems like the Gigi's response doesn't address the issue that MMadden is reporting (the unexpected launching of Windows Explorer). I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the unexpected launching of Windows Explorer?
ciprian

Hi,

Please send the AIP file (or a simple test case) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can reproduce this behavior and determine what causes it.

Best regards,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com
cbooth

Was there ever a resolution to this? I'm running into the same issue and I'm not sure what may be causing it.

Thanks
mihai.petcu

Hello,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Best Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”