pachwald

Automated build and signed installer

Hi!

I use a password protected Verisign .psx file to sign our installer file and the bootstrapper using signtool.exe.

As there is no possibility to pass the password via commandline, I can't build our installers unattended.

I tried to sign the files manually after the build but the setup.exe bootstrapper quits with a messagebox telling me the msi-file is corrupt.

Is there any way to automatically sign both files? Do you plan to add commandline support for signature passwords?

Regards,
Alex
Cosmin

Hi,

We do not plan to add support for this.
You can use the PVK Import program to convert the SPC and PVK files into a PFX file which doesn't have a password.

Regards,
cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
pachwald

Hi cosmin!

This really is a drawback for us. Storing a psx file without a password is no option at all.

Thank you for your answer,
Alex
Mark Rogers

Hi

This is also an issue for us - we need to build multiple products in a single build so this is a showstopper for us. Our build looks something like:

Product 1 Full
Product 1 Evaluation
Product 2 Full
Product 2 Evaluation

Is there any chance of a workaround with a macro recorder or similar? I think InstallShield do something like this (though it doesn't always work - much like the rest of their product)

Regards
Mark
ciprian

Hi,

We have added this improvement on our TODO list and will be available in a future release.

For the moment, I'm afraid that there is no workaround other than the above one mentioned by Cosmin.

Regards,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Return to “Common Problems”