marcelo

Installing a feature based on user selection

Hi

How can I install a feature only if a dialog Radiobox is selected?

I have an installation that has User and Administation parts. The user has a choice to install the full application (User + Admin) or only the Admin part.
How can I acomplish that in Advanced Installer.

Thanks,
Marcelo
Quadiago

No offense, but honestly, did you try doing this before you asked?

You can just use a conditional install level on that feature. Select the feature in the "Organization" tab and press F1. What it'll boil down to is conditioning it on the property attached to the radio button, so that it only installs when it is selected.
Cosmin

Hi,

There is a similar discussion on the forum, please take a look:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... al+feature
You can just use a conditional install level on that feature. Select the feature in the "Organization" tab and press F1. What it'll boil down to is conditioning it on the property attached to the radio button, so that it only installs when it is selected.
I'm afraid that this works only for components and not for features. This is because the Feature conditions (stored in the "Condition" table inside the MSI database) are processed during the "CostFinalize" action. After this stage (during the UI for example), any changes in the conditional expression evaluation do not affect the InstallLevel of the Features.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Quadiago

Interesting - my bad.

Return to “Common Problems”