pworthing

logo on console type application

I was wondering why it is not possible to add a logo to the console application? I would like to use this so that error messages are shown the first time they run things (they will setup service later), but it does not look professional without the logo.

Thanks
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to. Can you please give me more details about this?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
pworthing

Sorry, I meant icon, not logo.

There are three types of applications that you offer for the Java installer. GUI, Service and Console. The console would be useful for debugging puposes but if I choose it, the .ico option is not available which does not make it look very professional as an installed product. As much as I like the fact that the console window is not there for the GUI type (an improvement from my old installer), I would like to use both if I could get an icon for the console app.[/img]
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm afraid that this cannot be done in Advanced Installer. Also, note that this is a little unusual because normally console applications don't have icons.

However, I have added this feature on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Until then, you can create a shortcut for the console application and set the icon you need to that shortcut.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”