aunitt

How do I change the order of dialogs and make them optional?

Hi,

I have two things that I want to do:

1) Change the order of dialogs that I have created. Is there a way of doing this?

2) Only show a dialog if a particular feature is installed? I assume I can do this using the Published Events on the Next button, but I can't seem to delete the automatically created NewDialog event there?

Thanks in advance

Ashley
Cosmin

Re: How do I change the order of dialogs and make them optional?

Hi,
1) Change the order of dialogs that I have created. Is there a way of doing this?
Yes, you can change their order by using drag and drop in the "Dialogs" page. Basically, you can move a dialog in the upper section under a dialog in the lower section (you cannot move a dialog from bottom to the top). Note that you can move only your custom dialogs and the optional dialogs and only on the first level of the tree (you cannot move sub-dialogs).

However, if you want to customize the dialog order and you cannot use drag and drop, you can use control events like explained on the forum.
2) Only show a dialog if a particular feature is installed?
This can also be done by using control events. Basically, here are the steps:
- you have dialog1, dialog2 and dialog3 and dialog2 is based on the feature
- for the "Next" button on dialog1 you should have two "NewDialog" control events: one points to dialog2 (and uses a condition) and the other points to dialog3 (when the condition is false)
- for "Back" button on dialog3 you should have two "NewDialog" control events: one points to dialog2 (and uses a condition) and the other points to dialog1 (when the condition is false)

For the condition you can use the install action of the feature. For example, if the feature has the identifier "My_Feature", the condition to show the dialog is:

Code: Select all

((&My_Feature = 3) AND NOT (!My_Feature = 3))
Also, the condition is false (the dialog is not shown) if:

Code: Select all

NOT ((&My_Feature = 3) AND NOT (!My_Feature = 3))
Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”