jameshyon913

arabic problem..

I've registered arabic letters on registry in the project file.
But after build the project file and install, arabic letters were broken on register.
certainly arabic letters was not registered well.
what's the matter?
help me..
Cosmin

Re: arabic problem..

Hi,

Please note that during the install process Windows Installer uses the codepage of the language of the installation. If the codepage doesn't support Arabic letters, Windows Installer will not be able to interpret them correctly.

Therefore, In order to install registry entries which contain Arabic letters you need to make sure that the codepage of the package supports them. For this, you can build the package in the Arabic language (the English language will be used for the installation UI because Advanced Installer doesn't have translations for the Arabic language).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jameshyon913

I built the package in Arabic language.
build settings are followed:
1. create the registry value which contains the arabic letters.
2. in the language page select the option 'create only a multilingual package'
3. in the options,select the 'Show all possible languages' options.
4. in build languages, select the 'English' and 'Arabic' language checkbox.
5. I have create .MSI file and .EXE file.
But i didn't install the registry value which contain the arabic letters.

So i want to not only change the UI, but also install the registry value which contain the arabic letters.
So if i select the 'arabic' language check box,i've confused whether registery value which contain the arabic letters was registered or not and UI will change into arabic language.
I've completed to see the Arabic UI, but i've failed to install registry value which contains the arabic letters.
So if i select the 'arabic' language check box in language page, what does it mean?
Help me...
Thank you for your trouble....
Cosmin

Hi,
in the language page select the option 'create only a multilingual package'
Please note that a multilingual package gets its language from the user locale. Therefore, if your locale is not set to Arabic the package will not use the Arabic language and the characters will not be recognized.
So if i select the 'arabic' language check box in language page, what does it mean?
If you select a language in the "Translations" page, your package will contain that language. However, Arabic doesn't have translations in Advanced Installer, therefore the NEUTRAL language will be used (English).

You created a custom dictionary which shows the UI in Arabic, but the multilingual package get its language from the user locale. Therefore, if your locale is set to English, the installation will run in English even if you are using a custom Arabic dictionary. To install the Arabic registry entries you have two options:

1) Use the "Create separate packages" option instead of "Create only a multilingual package". After the project is built install the package from the "ar" sub-folder of the build folder.
2) Use the "Create only a multilingual package" option, set the locale of your computer to Arabic and install the multilingual package.

The locale of the machine can be set by using "Control Panel" -> "Regional and Language options".

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jameshyon913

I've completed to build the package with registry value which contains the arabic letters in the arabic language.
Thank you very much.

Return to “Common Problems”