vclamnet

Required disk1.cab?

Hi,
The installer stop working after I added a Help folder under Application Folder. The compile run fine. I only received the error message during the installation so I use the run and log option to see what happen and noticed it stop at copying a GIF file.
I upgraded advancedInstaller from 6.4 to 6.5.2 this morning and the same problem persist.
Do you have any recommendation on how to troubleshoot this?
The Help folder is the content that I generated from RoboHelp for HTML help. It have several folders in it for each help book topic for my application.
Thanks,
Vinh,
Ionut

Re: Required disk1.cab?

Hi Vinh,

Please generate a verbose log and send it, together with the AIP file, to support at advancedinstaller dot com in order to investigate this issue.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
Ionut

Hi Vinh,

The problem is that the installation paths for some of the files included in your project exceed MAX_PATH characters (which is equal to 260). Windows Installer does not support more than 260 characters in a path.

For instance, one of the files in question is the following:

Code: Select all

Application Folder\Help\BIO_Tab_-_Biographical_-_References\Search_References_Screen\Enter_Required_Reference_Info_Screen_Shot_files\Enter_Required_Reference_Info_Screen_Shot_files\enter_required_ref_info_screen_shot.gif
You need to rename the files/folders as necessary such that the resulting path does not exceed 260 characters.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
vclamnet

Hi Ionut,
I figured it might be something like that...
Thank you for your quick respond!
Vinh,

Return to “Common Problems”