jm2008

Merge Module x64

Hi,

I have project that requires installation of Merge Module for x64, when I try to build the MSI , Advanced Installer gives me this message error:
advinst.jpg
advinst.jpg (44.8 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
I'm using Advanced Installer Enterprise Edition 6.5.2
Do I need to install any other component in order to add merge module x64? (i.e Windows Installer SDK)

Thank you,

John,
Cosmin

Re: Merge Module x64

Hi John,

Usually this behavior is encountered if the merge module conflicts with other merge modules or with the main package. Can you please send us the merge module and your project to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jm2008

Hi Cosmin,

Thank you fro your reply,

The problem that Advanced Installer build the project successfully on my machine, but not on the build machine (same OS, same Advanced Installer version)?

I have .net 3.0 and .net 3.5 installed on my machine, but the build machine has only .net 2.0 installed, Do you thinks that might be the cause?

Thanks,
jm2008

Hi,

I installed Visual Studio 2008 on the build machine, then Advanced Installer was able to build the installer with that merge module x64.

Thank you :-)
Cosmin

Hi,

Perhaps MergeMod COM server was not registered on the build machine. For installing the MergeMod COM server you can follow these steps:
- Download and install latest Windows Installer SDK from Microsoft Platform SDK (at least October 2002 release)
- Open a command prompt in folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin"
- Call from command line "regsvr32.exe mergemod.dll". The result must be "DllRegisterServer in mergemod.dll succeeded"

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jm2008

Hi Cosmin,

I did these steps before on the build machine (mergemod.dll) but still it didn't work, I will try to see what VS2008 installed, and I will let you know if I find anything that might help other users with the same issue.

Thanks,
John,

Return to “Common Problems”