mossi

Possible bug with Properties

Hi,

I have the impression to have stumbled over a bug in AI 6.5.2.
AI allows to set the Application Folder under Install Parameters to be built using Properties.
Default is : [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]

I set up a user defined property: ShortProdcutName (also tried SHORTNAME) under Properties.
The I set Application Folder to be [AI_ProgramFiles][Manufacturer]\[SHORTNAME]. (AI_Programfiles because of Mixed 32/64 bit ???)

The resulting installer ALWAYS has Application Folder (and APPDIR for Custom Actions etc) set to
[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]

As we chose Productname to include the Manufacturers Name (less work to adapt Strings in Dialogs) the
Manufacturer's name is doubled.... :-(

Also if one wants to have APPDIR to be completely different to ProductName this will fail.

Any comments or workarounds?
Cosmin

Re: Possible bug with Properties

Hi,
I set up a user defined property: ShortProdcutName (also tried SHORTNAME) under Properties.
Please note that only public properties can be used in the paths of installation folders.
The resulting installer ALWAYS has Application Folder (and APPDIR for Custom Actions etc) set to
[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]
I'm afraid that I am unable reproduce this behavior on my test machine. Can you please send us the AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mossi

Re: Possible bug with Properties

Hi Cosmin,

thanks for the fast reply.
On Friday i also had the update to AI 6.6 and AFTER I deleted the Project Cache, SHORTNAME Property worked.

Bye,
Axel

Return to “Common Problems”