Tsunamie

OUtlook plugin MSI

Hi everyone.

I am despirate for any assistance that can be given.

I have an outlook plugin which I would like to make an MSI installation for. The plug in is currently a setup.exe file. I am trying to use Advanced installer 6.7.1 enterprise to create the MSI.

At the moment. I ahve tried to make the profile for captureing the data as open as possible to capture all the changes that are maded by the installation file. Even thow all the visable files seem to be installed by the MSI I create using Advanced Installer. Outlook does not show the plugin to be installed.

The software shows up in Add/remove programs. I am able to uninstall and install using the MSI with no error messages.

When you install the plugin using the original setup.exe.

You see the following

When you install the plugin using the MSI I creat from Advanced installer. You see the following.

As you can see. The plug in .dll does not seem to be located and thus does not activate. Can somone help me resolve this issue. As I am very despirate for assistance to get this resolved.
Cosmin

Re: OUtlook plugin MSI

Hi,

Perhaps the DLL needs to be registered on the target machine in order to be recognized. Please try using the "Auto Register file (DLL, OCX, etc.)" option in the Properties tab of the "Edit File" dialog for the DLL and let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”