tom5870

64-bit registatation dll

I have a COM DLL in my project that I enabled self-registration. However, it doesn't seem to register one installed. I can manually register it with regsvr32. The DLL is 64-bit. What do I need to change to get it to work? I attached the AIP file.
Attachments
OMNIClientSetup.aip
(132.73 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Catalin

Re: 64-bit registatation dll

Hello Tom,

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure why this is happening.

If possible, could you please create a sample project that reproduces this and forward that to me together with the DLL file by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com (you can upload the ZIP on dropbox, for instance, and send me the download link)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
tom5870

Thank you for thre reply. I tried what you wanted and it had no issue. So, I enabled verbose logging and was able to see the problem. There are two DLLs in the project that register the same COM classes, the second is a more secure version, but the version I have doesn't work (working with the vendor on that). I had told the installer to register both and the second was being registered after the first, but the app would not work with it.
Catalin

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your followup on this.

I'm glad you managed to find the culprit.

If you require any further assistance, please let me know and I will gladly help.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”