shoaibmughal84

How to create nested Application Folder

Hi,
I am creating an installer for my applications. Since I have more than one application, I need them to appear under separate folders in the StartMenu/ProgramsMenu nested under my CompanyFolder.

For example, I have ApplicationsA and ApplicationB. After I install both, the ProgramMenu shortcut folder should show them as under;
  • ProgramMenuFolder
    • CompanyNameFolder
      • ApplicationA_Folder
        • <All the shortcuts for AppliationA>
      • ApplicationB_Folder
        • <All the shortcuts for Application B>

Instead what I am getting is something like this;
  • ProgramMenuFolder
    • CompanyNameFolder
      • <All the shortcuts for Application A>
      • <All the shortcuts for Application B>
You can see there is no AppliationNameFolder to distinguish the contents. I have changed the Install Parameters conditions for the Application Shortcut Folder to [ProgramMenuFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]. As you can see I have added the subfolder identifier (\) in the Application Shortcut Folder path between [Manufacturer] and [ProductName]. Still no good.

Any help?
Liviu

Re: How to create nested Application Folder

Hello,

Starting with Win 10, the OS only creates a single folder, you cannot have multiple folders created in the Start Menu.

Also, the folder is being created only if there are more than 2 shortcuts created in the related path. Otherwise, the shortcut is created directly under the Start Menu.

You must have at least 2 shortcuts added to your custom subfolder (ApplicationA_Folder).

When there is only one shortcut added, Windows will add it directly without the subfolder.

If you have at least 2 shortcuts added in your subfolders, can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) files (ApplicationsA and ApplicationB) by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”