dr_oli

Prerequisite WebView2 - error 4154 (ver. 21.5.1)

Hi AdvancedInstaller team,

in my project, I need to include as prereq WebView2.

To do that I was:

1. Adding package for WebView2 where I entered link to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=2124703
2. but recently when I tried to install application on computer without WebView2 I was getting error 4154 that WebView2 prerequisites was not properly installed
3. Going over your forum I found viewtopic.php?t=51576 where you recommended change to https://msedge.sf.dl.delivery.mp.micros ... 2setup.exe which is one of previous versions of WebView2 and when I set that I want installation in Full UI it worked properly. According to forum topic this was fixed in 21.0 but it looks like regression.

Can you please check?

Btw. I am using AI 21.5.1

BR,
Oliver
Liviu

Re: Prerequisite WebView2 - error 4154 (ver. 21.5.1)

Hello Oliver and welcome to our forums,

I investigated it and tried to reproduce the behavior, but I was not able to replicate it.

Everything works as expected when using the prerequisite from our Predefined list.

Can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Also, please send us the build number and version of the machine's operating system where you can reproduce this.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hi Liviu,

email sent :).

BR,
Oliver
Liviu

Hello Oliver,

We received your email. This is currently under our investigation and we will reply to your email as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”