Unds1969

Is this supported by Advanced Installer?

Hi guys,

I have a requirement to modify the interface of both the installer file and the application that's created from the installer, along with the application behavior (such as disabling certain buttons)

I am able to use Advanced Installer to modify the interface (both the installers and the application). However, I haven't found a method to modify the application behavior. Is this supported by Advanced Installer?

Any feeedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Catalin

Re: Is this supported by Advanced Installer?

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Advanced Installer only allows you to create and modify the installation package's behavior.

You can not modify the application that you are trying to package from Advanced Installer.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
MGS

Hi Unds1969,

As an idea, you could potentially use Advanced Installer to create e.g. a config file (XML) that can even be adapted using the installer and which afterwards could be read from your application on startup and as a result disabling specific buttons depending on the values stored in the config file.

Without any further information about your application it's difficult though to give you better advice.

Can you further elaborate on this:
I have a requirement to modify the interface of both the installer file and the application that's created from the installer, along with the application behavior (such as disabling certain buttons)
? I don't understand what you mean with "the application that's created from the installer". The application is built by you in advance, and afterwards the application files are added to the advanced installer project, right?

Best regards,
Johannes
Catalin

Hello Johannes,

Thank you for your input on this, it's definitely helpful.

Although the config file can indeed be a solution here, it is to be kept in mind that the application's code will still need to be modified so it can read the config file and then act accordingly.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”