elisalambert

Need advice on creating an installer

My work has tasked me with the job of creating an installer for our software suite. The lead said I cannot use third party tools like WiX, Advanced Installer, etc. He wants a nice modern lookinuno onlineg installer. What would be the best way to go about this? Create it in WinForms or WPF? Most of our codebase is in .NET 4.0. I was just gonna start winging it but I figured I'd ask first.

Sorry if this is a strange question. I was planning on going through a WiX project but 2 days into working on it he said I couldn't use WiX and I don't really know how to do this from scratch. I've tried searching google but most results show up as installing a microsoft technology like WPF or WinForms instead of using it to create an installer. Any links / feedback would be helpful!
Catalin

Re: Need advice on creating an installer

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Since you are not allowed to use Advanced Installer, I am not quite sure how I could assist you here.

Perhaps this is what you are looking for if you are not allowed to use 3rd party products: Visual Studio Installer Projects Extension and .NET

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”