dheerajjuneja

Installer for Windows Mobile / WindowsCE

Hi,

Is there an option to create a windows mobile / Windows CE installer using Advanced Installer?

Regards,
Dheeraj Juneja
Ionut

Re: Installer for Windows Mobile / WindowsCE

Hi,

Currently Advanced Installer does not support creating Windows CE CAB files. We are working on this feature as we speak and it will be available in a future version.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
surveyguru

We've been using Advanced Installer for three months now (Switched from Installshield) and absolutely love the program. Currently the only reason we continue to use Installshield is because of their support for building install projects for Windows CE and Windows Mobile devices.

It is good to hear that you are working adding this functionality. If you need a tester just let me know, I'll be happy to help!

:D Keep up the good work!
Jonathan

Sorry for a 'me too' message but we would also find Windows Mobile/CE support useful - so nice to know that it is on the to do list. That said AI is a joy to use and a good investment so still a happy custommer.

Regards,
Jonathan
patearl

Another me too on this one. This is in fact one of our requirements for purchase of an installation system. Thanks for the good work!
dheerajjuneja

Hmm ... Guys this will be superb, we already have a product for creating windows ce cab files, but would like to switch over to Advanced installer for that as well.

Do you guys have a roadmap i.e. in which version we can expect this feature? Or is it too early to ask?

Regards,
Dheeraj Juneja
Ionut

Hi,

Support for Windows Mobile/CE CAB projects is available starting with version 7.0 of Advanced Installer. For more details, see the following help article.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Feature Requests”