mgorga

Select language dialog on multilanguage package

Dear,
I created a mixed 32/64 installer with languages English and Spanish. I created a multilanguage package with bootstrapper option "display language seleccion dialog". When I execute the installer, the dialog that shows the selection of two languages available for the installation is in Spanish. This project was compiled in a Windows with Spanish version. When I compile the project with a Windows in English version, that dialog is showed in English!!!

I need to show that selection language dialog in the default language of the machine where the application is being installed, or at least, show it always in English. Is it possible? IMPORTANT: We need to compile the project in a Windows in Spanish version.
octavian.vasilovici

Re: Select language dialog on multilanguage package

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

The language selection dialog will use the default language of the project. It doesn't matter on what machine the project is build or what is the Windows system language on that machine.
The project language is selected when a new project is created and cannot be changed afterwards.
In order to use the English language for the language selection dialog you will have to recreate the project and choose the English language in the New Project dialog.

Best Regards,
Octavian
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Octavian Vasilovici
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
Octavian Vasilovici - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mgorga

Hello,

I've read that solution in other posts of this forum but it doesn't work for me. Maybe I am making something wrong. I created a new test project with English (United States) like default language. The select language dialog appears in Spanish again. Like I said, if this project is compiled in English's Windows XP computer, it works.
octavian.vasilovici

Hello,

The content of the "language selection dialog" will be displayed in the language set in "Regional and Language Options" for non-Unicode programs. In order to create a multi-language installer on your Windows XP machine that has the language selection dialog displayed in English you will have to create a project with the default language set to English and in Control Panel-> Regional and Language Options ->Advanced tab set the "Non-Unicode Programs" language to English.
These settings are needed on the machine where the package will be built.

If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Octavian
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Octavian Vasilovici
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
Octavian Vasilovici - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”