Mattrob3

Monthly Renewals

Hello Everyone,

I am selling my software where you pay on a monthly basis, what my concern is if I give a user a licence code and they stop paying I want to deactivate there software. However if I have already given them a licence they can continue to use it as long as they do not have to reinstall it. Is there any way to check the serial number on a monthly basis on my web server. I am currently using the server-side validation with a mysql database and a php script but that only runs at install and I really need it to check it monthy otherwise they could stop paying and keep using my sofware. Any Ideas?
Cosmin

Re: Monthly Renewals

Hi,

This looks like a maintenance plan. Our licensing module has full support for maintenance plans and license registration. You can also control this easier since your application can check the license information at any time.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Mattrob3

I went to the trial and registration section and added a new trial, i see the section for the maintenance plan, how does it work, if I want a monthly renewal do i just put in the maintenance end date as one month from now? what happens in a month do they need to put in a new code? You mentioned that the my applicaiton can check the licence information at any time. How does that work, because ideally I would like it to just verify that the licence is still on the webserver each month, the user does not have to see it going on, if my customers do not renew I would remove the licence from the web server and then when the application checks the license the next month it would not be there and the program would be inactive? Is there a way to do it like that?
Bogdan

Hi,
if I want a monthly renewal do i just put in the maintenance end date as one month from now?
Yes, this is correct.
what happens in a month do they need to put in a new code?
A new code is required, which will contain the new license information, therefore the extended maintenance plan.
if my customers do not renew I would remove the licence from the web server and then when the application checks the license the next month it would not be there and the program would be inactive? Is there a way to do it like that?
I'm afraid our licensing support does not work with your internet web based serial validation. These are two totally different fragments of the package.

Here is all the information you need about integrating our licensing module within your application.

If you want to use your online database of serials for validating the usage of your application then you should not use our
licensing module and write your own code that connects to your database, checks the validity of the user's license key, and so on.
In this case the user would not need another key when extending the MP, an update on your database would be enough. However, you should
also think how you want to proceed if the user does not have an internet connection, if that is a possibility in your case.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”