DucTam

Multiple Installation not work for other project languages

Hi supports,
i want to let the users install our software many times. For this function, the AI gives me the option: under Media: Multiple Instances. I have create for my tests many instances but the window for the second installation ist always greyed out. For the tests , I created 2 new projects, with all the same things except for the project language.
For the both projects, I added a text file,and an instance(ID:#1)
The english one works fine , by the second installation, i could choose whether i want to install the new instance (#1) or Maintain or ugrade the old one.
For the German one; i could also choose the option install the new instance (#1) (in German: Neue Instanz installieren) but the window below this is greyed out. Therefore there is no new Instance to create. If I click on ok, the maintenance for the old product appears.

Is this a bug? I must complete the setup as early as possible. It's very urgent.

thanks
DucTam
mihai.petcu

Re: Multiple Installation not work for other project languag

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Indeed I can confirm this is bug.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, I have forwarded it to our development team and we will include the fix in the 8.6 release.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DucTam

hi Mihai,

Is there any other way to have multiple installations anyway ?
And When will be the release date for the version 8.6 ? I fears our licence will be expired out then.

best regards
mihai.petcu

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no other way. The development team has already fixed the issue and included it in the 8.5 version which will be out very soon.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”