rodin

No Repair Option w/ Disable Modify checked

Hello,
I'm using the free build of AI to build my software, but the problem I am having is this:

I do not wish for there to be an option for "Modify", but with such, there is no option in the Add/Remove programs to Repair the program by disabling the Modify feature. My goal is to only have Remove & Repair. The only thing checked is "Disable Modify" on the Product Details. The only way currently I am able to get the repair option to show up is to enable the modify button, which adds the "Change" button to the Add/Remove programs. Any insight on this? is this a possible bug? Thanks much.
mihai.petcu

Re: No Repair Option w/ Disable Modify checked

Hi,

"Change" is the "Modify" equivalent on Vista or above. I have tested the "Disable Modify" option in Install Product Details page on simple project built with 8.5 version and it works as expected( "Uninstall" and "Remove" options remain in Control Panel ).

Can you please specify the version of Advanced Installer you are using?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
rodin

Hi there -- I am running Windows XP and AI 8.5. What I wish to have happen is there be a way to click the "Change" button, but when it brings up the next window to "Change / Repair / Uninstall", that Change isn't an option. Just repair or uninstall. But in WinXP, the only option if "Modify" is disabled, is to Remove the software all together.
Cosmin

Hi,

Please note that the Disable Modify option in "Product Details" page refers to Programs and Features applet in Control Panel (Add or Remove Programs in older Windows versions). The dialog shown after you click Change is a maintenance dialog and it's part of your installer. You can modify it by using our dialog editor in Dialogs page.

The dialog editor is available only in Enterprise and Architect projects.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”